Tuesday 23 February 2010

The long and winding (and usually uphill) road

Just when I think I'm getting a tiny bit ahead, I come down to earth with a bump and realise I have a long loooong way to go. Tried out the Sport Relief 3 mile training plan 'Week 1' this morning. Hard, but not impossible. Until I got to the end, exhausted, and it said ' 2 minutes high knee jogging on the spot'. Are you kidding? 30 seconds and I was done. And talking of coming down to earth with a bump, I managed to slip in the snow and fall down the steps to our house today, adding a few bruises to my gym battered body. Hot bath and hot chocolate on the sofa has restored some of my dignity but I can't imagine a planet on which I could up the ante and run for 25 minutes in the morning. Beam me up Scottie.

No comments:

Post a Comment