Wednesday 5 May 2010

Coming home to Nova Scotia

Well at last it's here - the night before we fly to our beautiful Nova Scotian home for a blissful week of total relaxation. Two friends and my gorgeous godson Eddie are coming with us, always a pleasure to watch first timers fall in love with the place like we did three years ago. Today I was showing someone at work where we are on the map and realised how little of the country we have yet seen, or rather (cup half full and all that) how much we still have to look forward to visiting! That said, there's a long list of places in the UK I haven't been to yet - never done Derbyshire, the Lake District only once and just a taste of Scotland and Ireland. Plenty of time for all that though - what I am really looking forward to is seeing Cape Breton to Cape Sable Island on my bike this time next year. Must start seriously thinking about some fund raising - must not forget the real purpose of this trip - must get organised - must go get some sleep now so I make the plane in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment