Wednesday 26 May 2010

If that young slip of a thing can climb Everest..

Went to an amazingly inspirational lunchtime thing at the Norwegian Church Arts Centre today - Tori James telling a small but rapt audience (well I was pretty rapt I can tell you) about her incredible achievements: she did the North Pole race with 2 other girls and then climbed Everest. And then cycled North to South New Zealand. And next she's planning on cracking the South Pole. I mean seriously, she looks about 16, is petite, pretty and absolutely charming - never in a million years would I have pegged her as an extreme adventurer. The photos where completely breathtaking but what lit up my little world was her frank admission that she never thought she was the type of person who could do these things. I scribbled down a few tips and left feeling inspired all over again and at least willing to nibble some elephant toenails - top tip of the year, thanks Tori!

No comments:

Post a Comment