Friday 3 September 2010

This is my favourite pic from our very British Tea Party - my ma in law serving tea and lemonade from the kitchen window and enjoying a morsel of chocolate cake! She baked Welshcakes and made a million sandwiches, I did the chocolate cake and Bara Brith. More photos on Flickr - thank you to everyone who came along and donated some of their hard earned dollars to Brigadoon, it was a great boost for us to kick off the fundraising and a very enjoyable afternoon all round. I wish I could remember the names of all the people who came - particularly the lady who told us that she grew up in the house next door and spent many happy hours playing in the garden of our house.

Tomorrow I will be swapping my bike for a polo pony as part of my friend's hen weekend. I used to read books about polo ponies when I was a kid so it will be kind of a dream come true! Followed by dinner / hotel / spa on Sunday - how very girlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment